Friday, January 16, 2009

A new year...a fixed computer...and some bad news ( Muted related and non Muted related)

I'M SORRY!!! My laptop crashed after I managed to spill orange spritzer all over it…leaving me without a computer for a LONG time. But here we are… the January issue and I’m close to curling up in the fetal position and sobbing profoundly.

Bad news first:

First off, I’d like to say thank you and good bye to Liem Vu our Features Editor. We will miss him more than we miss Blink-182. That does mean, however, that I’m looking for a new Features Editor to fill the position! Interested? Email me at fwahking@mutedmag.com.

Secondly, I’ve been going through a hell of a time. About two years ago my family found out my mom had uterine cancer. We thought everything would be O.K; she was going to go for radiation and get a hysterectomy. We even planned out a trip to Europe in the summer of 2008. We didn’t end up boarding a plane. Instead, my mom found out her cancer came back and was causing fluid to build up in her stomach. She had to go for chemo treatments until Christmas time. Well Christmas time came around and the doctors told her the chemo wasn’t working and was sent home where we are supposed to keep her rested and happy until her death. She may only live for 6 months- 2 years. It’s hard to stay happy through all of this…and those who know me well know that I probably force myself to be happy most of the time. Please keep her in your prayers.

OK! So now that I have the bad news covered it’s time to look forward to a new year of music and movies…and pretty much anything pop culture I can get my hands on to:

1) Fall Out Boy…can I call this the year of the FOB? With an upcoming tour and their new CD already out in store and not to mention Bronx Mowgli Wentz (why mess with tradition Pete? Your baby should be called Peter Lewis Kensington Wentz the 4th, just saying). The world is abuzz with all things Fall Out Boy and I couldn’t be more happier.



2) The Diverse Attraction- Besides the bassist being one of Mutedmag.com’s top photographer? Their new CD drops soon I hope. *Sniff* *Sniff* do I smell another Silverstein on our hands? I hope so…their sound has a definite lasting affect on the brain.



3) He’s Just Not That into You- Guess how I’m spending Valentine’s day? With my two besties, Cosmos (yum), and this MOVIE. Besides having a stellar cast, I can probably relate to all these characters one way or another. Who doesn’t love a good chick flick.


4) The Feel-Good Dance Music Sisters (FGDMS)- This is pretty much covers a lot of the artists blasting on my Ipod right now. The FGDMS are Taylor Swift, Rihanna, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, and Estelle. These feisty females are climbing the charts with hit after hit and I’m LOVING it. Cause sure 2008 didn’t consist of kissing girls, breakin’ dishes, love stories, poker, or American Boys but who knows what will happen in 2009.


~Love on my right heel, Hope on my left~

-Fran

No comments: