Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The Scarlet letter isn't black...

Hey dahlings,
Another month means another issue and I hope all of you enjoy this one. Lately, I’ve been having a serious case of depression. Whether it my lack of Vitamin D (oh where are you Mr. Sun?) or the stress of exams, I’d rather be curled up in my bed, sleeping and not talking to anyone.
So how does one get out of the winter blues? Shopping didn’t help, although I got some awesome tops and a new jacket out of it. Neither did staring at my wall and glaring.
So what exactly got me so happy again?
Well, thanks to a friend, I ended up picking up Feist’s latest CD The Reminder. It is the most interesting thing I’ve heard in awhile. It’s also become therapy to me. Nothing beats listening to Feist while falling asleep on the bus. The songs are mellow and upbeat, but it’s really her voice that soothes me. There’s something about it, it feels kind of like a motherly voice.
Anyways, I’m keeping this one short, just because I’m tired and there’s still so much work to do. I hope you like this issue, but next issue will be a bit shorter just cause…well there’s like barely any bands coming to Toronto. I mean it is the holiday season.
Don’t forget we’re always looking for local and Canadian rock bands to promote, so leave me a link to your myspaces in the comment box or send me an email: fwahking@mutedmag.com
I’ll see you next month!
Francesca W.

No comments: